Tech Talk Podcast by SunDevs | The Future of Software: LowCode Development Episode 1
In this first podcast episode, Kevin and guest speaker and Low-code expert Gregory Goncalvez discuss the rise of low-code platforms and their importance in the current market. Low-code platforms use a visual development approach that allows non-technical users to create software applications without having to write code. This can greatly accelerate the development process and result in high-quality applications being built in a fraction of the time it would take using traditional methods.
During the podcast, Kevin and Gregory shared several insights into low-code platforms and their impact on software development:
- Low-code platforms are increasingly important for organizations looking to quickly and cost-effectively build and deploy applications, especially in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- One important point to note is that Microsoft Power Platform was recently named a leader in the 2023 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Low-Code Application Platforms, which is a testament to the platform's ability to execute and its completeness of vision in the low-code market.
- The market for low-code platforms is highly competitive, with several major players such as Microsoft Power Platform, Salesforce Lightning Platform, Appian, OutSystems, and Mendix.
- When choosing a low-code platform, it's important to consider factors such as the size of your organization, the complexity of the applications you need to build, and the level of technical expertise on your team.
- Low-code development is not just for small organizations or simple applications, but can also be used for complex enterprise-level applications with millions of users.
- Low-code development allows for quick and efficient innovation, as it eliminates the need for manual coding and speeds up the development process.
Overall, the podcast provides valuable insights into the world of low-code development and how it can help organizations of all sizes and technical expertise levels build high-quality applications quickly and cost-effectively. Be sure to stay tuned for future episodes of the podcast, where we will explore different aspects of low-code development in more detail. So be sure to tune in for future episodes!